Built in 1878, the building has served as a Marine Training College in his early days. The original layout of the building is based on the traditional layout of a ship. Thus, the hood forms an inverted keel. The trainees usually slept in hammocks, so that the classrooms could change function in no time (dormitory, dining room or relaxation area). A renowned law firm is currently renting this national monument.